About Sylvie Polette
25 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MARKETING, CREATION & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
LUXURY BRANDS - FRAGRANCE & JEWELRY
THE HEART of LUXURY – Consulting office specialized in luxury branding – Paris, Founder
Accompany Indian luxury brands/designers to penetrate the international luxury market
•Transform designers vision and ideas into brand strategies and acts.
– 2014 PIETRA DURA Jewelry – Paris, Founder and General Manager
Define and implement strategy to re-launch the brand.
• Business plan and raising capital
• Created the brand platform, the structure of the collections and conceived the brand identity: created packaging, communications tools for Press and Retail, advertising campaign, web site
• Commercial implementation: negotiated space in the Luxury Section of the Galeries Lafayette Haussmann, Luisa Via Roma Florence, etc..
2000 – 2012
BEAUTE PRESTIGE INTERNATIONAL - Paris – T.O.: 480 million € (12 years) Perfume subsidiary of SHISEIDO, Tokyo - 5th cosmetic group in the world, 44.000 employees, T.O: $7,8 billion
Vice-President JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Perfumes
- 54% of BPI's total T.O.
Member of BPI's Board of Directors, Direct collaboration with M. Jean Paul Gaultier, Managed a senior team of 20 people
Build and develop a lasting "Brand" around the 2 pillar lines, Classique and Le Male, while respecting the designer's values.
• Strategic Plans: Define the 3 to 5 year plans within BPI's BoD: vision, strategy, investment arbitration between brands, investor relations, R & D for new growth levers (signed the Narciso Rodriguez license in 2002 and Elie Saab in 2009, prospected Azzedine Alaïa), industrial policy, HR policy.
• Business Development: Increase TO for the Jean Paul Gaultier Brand: + 130% during that period Installed a new product line in the top 10 in the USA: Le Male, from 18th to 7th Gained market share in Europe: maintained for 10 years "Le Male" as #1 and "Classique" in the European top 10
• Marketing: Elaborated the Perfume brand platform in synergy with the Fashion House Defined and implemented development plans: conceived numerous products and the launch strategies (5 international launches with TO > 30 million € per product and created 50 exclusive designs/limited editions), conceived and launched new segments (Men's beauty). Implemented marketing plans with the different countries, created international PR events and sales teams
• Communications: Defined communications territories and conceived ad campaigns with Mr. Jean Paul Gaultier
Renewed the corporate and point of sale visual identities in 2003 and 2011 Created the "jeanpaulgaultier.com" website and the online sales platform.
QUEST INTERNATIONAL –ICI Group, Paris (bought by GIVAUDAN in 2007) (4 years) Sales Manager Fine Perfumery France
• Creative/Client interface (7 Fine Perfumery perfumers in Paris and 3 in New York)
• Managed Perfume projects in collaboration with Paris/New York perfumers, sales teams and evaluators
• Was added to the "core list" of suppliers for L'Oréal Prestige & Collection
• Fine perfumery "wins": Armani, Lancôme, Hermès, BPI, Dior, Escada…
COTY – Paris (2 years) International Marketing Director JIL SANDER
•Brand development in direct collaboration with Mrs. Jil Sander
ROCHAS –Wella Group, Paris (4 years) International & Operational Marketing Product Manager – Perfumes
•Managed perfume development and in charge of operational marketing in the Americas
YVES SAINT LAURENT PARFUMS – Paris (2 years) International Marketing Product Manager - Perfumes